Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 28-10-2007, 23:01   #1
Kemal

Default Qualifiers

Alas, it was not to be for Snaken:

Quote:
quote:
Clouds darkened the skies at Bug Killer Team Arena as 94099 spectators turned up for the match. Killer had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players took the field: Rashid - Eelman, Kolompár, Strub - Moraal, Cornelissen, Elbers, Haspels, Radu - Hetterschijt, Hendriksen.

Snaken decided to use a 4-4-2 set up. They fielded: Preda - Grimmius, Suárez, van Wieringen, Bressan - Fitzpatrick, Farenhout, Veraar, Bolers - Kronskär, Broertjes.

Killer tried to focus their attacks down the middle. Snaken clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. In the 11th minute cheers broke out as Geert Hetterschijt found his way through the guests' central defence, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Killer. After an industrious effort down the middle, Stefan Hendriksen could have closed the game off in the 23rd minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. After 27 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Gijs Cornelissen might have resulted in another goal for Killer. However, Petru Preda made a spectacular save. Toni Broertjes was first to reach a ball launched long through the center from Snaken's defence in the 32nd minute. He managed to keep his cool and beat the goalkeeper to make the score 1 - 1. Ol#291;erts Bolers of Snaken was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. In the 34th minute a very unfortunate collision in the penalty area led to Snaken's Agapito Suárez being carried off the pitch and replaced by Johan Malmbeck. Snaken's Toni Broertjes gave the visitors a 1 - 2 lead in the 35th minute with a superb strike from the right. Halftime score was 1 - 2. Killer, bringing their ball possession to 69 percent, dominated the battle.

George Radu pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 53rd minute, wove through the guest's entire central defence and put the 2 - 2 equaliser away. The celebrations in the stands could only mean one thing - Malik Rashid's free kick had found the back of the net and put Killer ahead 3 to 2! In the 71st minute, technical George Radu of Killer scored 4 - 2, having made Rinus Veraar look like a complete fool. In the 78th minute, Hans-Frits Farenhout replied with a fantastic free kick and the ball went in off the bar. 4 to 3. In the 82nd minute of the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as Humbert Strub dashed through, knocking home 5 - 3 for Killer. This half belonged to Killer, who controlled the ball 68 percent of the time.

Killer's best player was Henk Jan Elbers. However, Malik Rashid made a disastrous appearance. Most important Snaken player was Petru Preda. On the other hand, Per Kronskär's play was disheartening. The match ends 5 - 3.
The ratings were pretty lopsided, especially on his part:

Code:
Bug Killer Team 
Player rating and team formation 
Team Attitude: (Hidden) 
Tactic: Attack in the Middle 
Tactic skill: formidable 

Midfield: extra-terrestrial (high) 
Right Defence: disastrous (low) 
Central Defence: wretched (very low) 
Left Defence: wretched (very low) 
Right Attack: weak (high) 
Central Attack: outstanding (very low) 
Left Attack: outstanding (low) 

FC De Snaken 
Player rating and team formation 
Team Attitude: Match of the Season 
Tactic: Counter-attacks 
Tactic skill: brilliant 

Midfield: excellent (very low) 
Right Defence: magnificent (very low) 
Central Defence: magnificent (very low) 
Left Defence: brilliant (high) 
Right Attack: poor (low) 
Central Attack: passable (high) 
Left Attack: weak (very high)
Unfortunately, my defense let past 4 out of 8 chances with this defence, and he scored a SE. It result in too few CA possibilities to win the match.. which is a pity as I really would have wanted to punish disbalanced AO-teams like this one. Still the III.4 probably would have been too strong for my team, and the crowd income was amazing. How did other people with qualis do?
Old 29-10-2007, 00:24   #2
BCLG100
Deity

Me either, lost 5-1.

Didnt help that when i set my team one of my defenders could play but when it came to the game he was suspended!

ahwell maybe next year, least i was winning at one point!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007, 01:12   #3
arne1
King

My opponent did some shopping before the match 5.5 start forward and mid. So i already thought he woudl not counter this time, but strengthening my midfield was not enough 6-0 and we had rain so very disappointing attendance. I do have a cool million now and should be able to upgrad my goaly a bit. Have a formidable one now
Old 29-10-2007, 07:22   #4
Aggie
Emperor

Sad news. Looks like most of the CDZ qualis were lost...
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote