Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > BCLG's 100 variations on spam
Home

Old 17-08-2010, 17:51   #1
BCLG100
Deity

Default ***Robi's quest for Spoilers*** Spoiler***

Ok, everyone will probably have the jist of what is going on by now.

I am de gaulle, Start isn't anything to write home about.

I've already met Stapel and we agreed a ten turn arrangement. I found him as well, i figured i'd build up a stack of chariots and then hit him as his lands look nice with silver and gold nearby.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 23:25   #2
Robi D
King

Is that a 10 turn warning or the agreement is for only 10 turns?

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 02:55   #3
BCLG100
Deity

10 turn warning, the complete uselessness of a ten turn peace treaty stopped me for going for that!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 13:37   #4
Robi D
King

I would have thought so to but the way you wrote it had me wondering

Old 27-08-2010, 20:21   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I picked up the game; BC wants a chariot rush but researches iron working; he is Chm and needs border pops but he doesn't have myst for monuments ... someone isn't focusing hard enough.

So while the situation rectifies itself, I'll get an axe and settler or two, settle agressively towards our antagonist Stapel the english (who oh so kindly blocked us all the way across from exploring further inland), build chariots and rename everything I can. More to come when something happens, aka lion meat and iron ore.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2010, 20:12   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Settler queued up in the capital when it reaches size 5; it'll grow on chariot production right after.

Barbu reached me with a galley, hopefully it's an empty one. If he lands 2 warriors I might be ok, 2 archers and I'd be toast. I guess we'll see.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 02-09-2010, 17:07   #7
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Barbu came and went in peace, which is most agreeable. Settler out next turn, I'll post screenies in a turn or two when exploration is significantly improved.

I built two axes to flash at Stapel so he can prepare with axes and be met by chariots. Or not prepare at all, whichever.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:28   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Cool

Pictures!

That's the North, pretty dull although there's 3 coast-connected islands where sending the eventual galley+scout might be worth the trip. The first voyage however is bound south:

That river spot with clams, cows and elephants is just too good. 12BFC forests, hills, flood plains, minimal coast. It'll be my 4th city for sure. For now however, my mandate was to build chariots and settle agressively towards Stapel:

And this is where it will happen. Notice Barbu who will soon come to the sad discovery that this land is tribal village poor, although his landed scout sure looks optimistic and opportunistic. Good for him. I'd call it lion food but on low levels it'll live until barbs, and probably survive even one of those...

Anyways, I'm headed towards the Food+Prod site with a settler and chariot, plus a worker and an axeman shortly after. The food+prod is not on a hill but it has the advantage of being able to conceal chariots, while I flash an axe or two in the woods. Stapel has a looming warrior in the surroundings whose sighting I am trying to avoid by snaking along the western coast - though it may take an extra turn to get there, surprise is key.

Aerial whole-picture view:

Last edited by Beorn; 03-09-2010 at 03:40.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:03   #9
Robi D
King

Looks like you have it all planned out

Btw where did the portugese galley come from?

Old 09-09-2010, 19:18   #10
Beorn
Disabled Vet

The East, right over Stapel's StoneHenge He floated up to my borders, saw the impass, and doubled back while dropping the swift-legs. BC is back, so I handed the reins over to him; he founded "Beorn" on the Hammers+Food tile

He's been rethinking his chariot rush plan because of the 10 turns warning agreement - kinda kills the mood for chariotry - and is going for a settler spree. We'll need pots for cottages if we go that way because economy will kill us without infra or some kind of economic relief. Tuskers and clams will help but they're not the end of the world. The big commerce city in there is the dyes one and it's a jungle mess.

So we have 4 quickies and then 2-4 more cities that will take more work to get on par. With all resources though - including ivory - we should have no problem building up any kind of military to crush anyone. We could, for instance, settle close to home on the Moai spot real quick and fill it with cottages. That would help a lot in the short run and it connects ivory.

Last edited by Beorn; 13-09-2010 at 05:55.