Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 07-10-2007, 21:41   #1
BCLG100
Deity

Default Season 33 Round 12

I won!!!!!!! 0-1 against number 1 so now i go top!!!

Clear skies welcomed the 44900 spectators who had made their way to Spaffy Taffy. A 4-4-2 alignment was the formation of choice for 570RD. Lineup: Pupino - Manzin, Loonstein, Boswell, Vepsä - Zamrzycki, Schoolar, Wheatley, Muldowney - García, Buijsert.

United had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Sørensen - Neumann, Talv, Locke - Kierzkowski, Plasterk, Costinha, Kotomäki - Cowan, Simkin, van Rijn.

Nir Simkin tipped the corner kick right to the keeper, who mishandled it, giving United's Ricardo Costinha a chance to knock it in for 0-1. A long pass from the defence of 570RD resulted in a counterattack that set Paul Wheatley free, but the keeper made a spectacular diving save. Andy Cowan of United received a yellow card in the 23rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Andy Cowan came close to extending the visitors' lead when he found himself completely unmarked in front of the goal and lifted a ball over Nicola Pupino, but it was a little too high and hit the bar. In the 40th minute, United's Stanis#322;aw Kierzkowski received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. It was 0 - 1 at the break. United, bringing their ball possession to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

In the game's 57th minute, Andy Cowan nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, but his shot passed just over the bar. The referee showed United's Matt Neumann the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The referee showed 570RD's Raine Vepsä the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Cas Plasterk was the unlucky victim and couldn't continue the game, so United's Dimitris Miriokefalitakis had to come off the bench. United, bringing their ball possession to 77 percent, dominated the battle.

570RD's top performer was clearly Pol Loonstein. Phil Muldowney was a disappointment, however. The most dominating United player was without a doubt Per Frank Sørensen. Dimitris Miriokefalitakis was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 1.

Pretty chuffed, can now hopefully lose a qualification game but i absolutly nailed his midfield today! wasn't even my best ever game today apparantly!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:53   #2
Kingreno

Got a Formi midfield (very high) and simply blew away the #2, winning 3-0. Now 5 points clear with 2 matches to go, with last game at home to a very beatable team. Next week looks more difficult as I had to MotS tjis game my TS is ruined.
Old 07-10-2007, 23:15   #3
Dell19
King

I've very nearly won the league. I just need one more point to clinch it although I would need to win both remaining games to go up automatically.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:58   #4
sz_matyas

Won a surprisingly difficult 4-1 match, but got 163 hatstats without MoTSing. League is wrapped up, but the scoring title is out of reach for the most part. Need to win the last two cleanly to auto promote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:09   #5
Aggie
Emperor

Congrats to all of you above!

I MoTsed my away match vs Delta Boys, the decider. I only got 138 hatstats, which says enough already. With all of my mids totally out of form I needed all the luck I could get. But I lost it 4-0, with almost zero chance that Delta Boys loses 3 points in the remaining two games.

So here I am leading the league for 10 matches, but ending 2nd in the end. I guess I have to try it again next season... I am very very frustrated!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56   #6
socralynnek

Congratulations also from me!

Won vs the league leader at home, a bit lucky, but ok.
I am still in position number 5 and that win might have cost my opponent the direct promotion.

At least that match clearly showed that my team is the 2nd strongest in the league despite having not that much salary cost.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:02   #7
Tubby Rower

won against a bottom dweller in the division with a PiC @ home for 155 Hatstats. It is still possible that I could finish as high as 2nd but will likely get a 4th place finish.
Old 08-10-2007, 15:49   #8
Darth Pugwash
Warlord

Lost 1-0
Darth Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 22:56   #9
arne1
King

won 2-4 in a derby vs my fellow leader. Played IM-trainees as wtm's, which got me an outstanding midfield. My central attack was goodenoug to finish the job. I still need a bit of luck to grab teh title and will certainly play a p/d if I make it.
Old 10-10-2007, 20:48   #10
Kemal

Some good reports (except Aggie, but there was little to be done about that I suppose...) here from fellow-CDZ'ers, great going all! [beer]

Won a very tough away match 1-3, my opponent did a MotS (which I sorta expected), but I managed to stay level in midfield to grab the 3 points.

I'll be playing a low-flying team at home next week, then play the title-decider vs the current no1 in a derby at day 14. If I win the next 2 matches, I'm autopromoted to the III!