Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 25-01-2006, 00:10   #1
Dell19
King

Default Cup round 4

Quote:
quote:40000 spectators had come to Dushku Dungeon of Dangerous Danger this cloudy day. Wartham started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Fuentes - Koštunica, Mazo, Feyko - Donner, Karlbom, Feldhoff, Vendelř - Watrin, Ryan, Erskin.

Thermal had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Saxby - Dellasantina, Torssonen, Rapp, Bernards - Igarza, McManus, Rodríguez, Somár, Almskog - Karlsson.

Nathan Rapp still has a lot to learn. For instance, he should know not to make half-hearted passes in front of Dave Ryan, who easily scored for Wartham, making it 1-0. Bohuslav Somár levelled the score for Thermal, making it 1 - 1 on a free kick that went in by way of the right post. The referee showed Wartham's Niels Vendelř the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The player down was Ricardo Rodríguez. The Thermal bench looked worried for a while, but in the end he managed to get up. Thermal's 1 - 2 goal came on a questionable penalty, but Bohuslav Somár struck that one home without a second thought. Almost all the way down to the corner flag, Wartham's Niels Vendelř somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Dave Ryan, who struck for 2 - 2. Victoriano Mazo gave his Wartham the lead with 3 - 2, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. Wartham had to make a substitution in the 44th minute. Đor#273;e Koštunica limped off the field and was replaced by Alec Matthews. Thermal got a chance to level the score as Ricardo Rodríguez suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. The teams went for a halftime break at 3 - 2. Thermal held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

In the 60th minute of the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as Dave Ryan dashed through, knocking home 4 - 2 for Wartham. By then Dave Ryan was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Wartham put themselves up 5 - 2 when Axel Karlbom broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The structure of the game started to change as Wartham decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The visitors reduced the score in the 69th minute to 5 - 3 as a free kick by Bohuslav Somár slunk past the home side's goaltender. By then Bohuslav Somár was a three time scorer - a hat trick! Jaime Erskin almost managed to score another goal for Wartham, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors' keeper. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Thermal's Ricardo Rodríguez got himself booked. In the 79th minute Joel Karlsson, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Thermal making it 5 - 4. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Thermal, with an impressive 51 percent possession of the ball.

Wartham's best player was Axel Karlbom. Alec Matthews on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Thermal player was Bohuslav Somár. Jarno Torssonen was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 4.
Onwards to the fifth round.

Playing a side that is top of their III although his midfield isn't great which gives me a slim chance of progressing if luck is on my side.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 09:06   #2
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:
35511 spectators had come to Meli's Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Castellanos, Hoff, Carrol - Haugstad, Carroll, de Klaver, Sprengen, Dzhugashvili - Eriksson, Corrales Ortega.

Bollox tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Giddy - Lavaud, Rentslev, Mughan - Juntunen, Kirk, Risskär, Johansson, Persson - Watson, Ferguson.

Herkko Juntunen of Bollox received a yellow card in the 22nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Roddy Carroll was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was blocked by the keeper. However, Manglers's Rick Sprengen managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 1-0 goal. After 24 minutes, Serge Lavaud made a complete fool of himself when he dropped the ball to Tomas H. Eriksson who shuffled it into the goal for Manglers. 2-0. A great save by keeper Brian Giddy in the 30th minute kept the visitors in the game after Tomas H. Eriksson struck from the left with a real cannonball. 38 minutes into the game, Clifton Kirk finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 2 - 1 for Bollox. Anton Dzhugashvili of Manglers received a yellow card in the 39th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a halftime break at 2 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

After 57 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Erdem de Klaver might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Brian Giddy made a spectacular save. A really bad tackle inside the penalty area in the 63rd minute gave the referee no other choice but to award the visiting Bollox a penalty shot. Mattias Risskär knocked home the 2 - 2 goal. Manglers's Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors' defenders. After 70 minutes of play, Tomas H. Eriksson gave the home team a 3 - 2 lead after an attack coming in from the right. Manglers's Bill Carrol had an excellent opportunity in the 73rd minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Manglers held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Roddy Carroll. Bill Carrol on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Bollox player was Tino Rentslev. Clifton Kirk on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 2.
A win at home whilst still PIC'ing!

Also onto the fifth found

Will be another PIC at home

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 17:23   #3
Kingreno

congrats you 2! great performances indeed!
Old 25-01-2006, 17:35   #4
Kemal

Indeed well done! Btw KR you are 1-0 up as well great going with the CA machine, Snaken are expected to lose out today, currently trailing 0-1.
Old 25-01-2006, 19:12   #5
Kingreno

well, fought a heroic battle against a team from the 4th division fielding some (ex-)internationals...lost 1-2.

3 free kicks in total decided the match. His SP taker used to be the Egypt NT SP-taker, so no shame on my goallie or defence. On the bright side my massive Central Defence got a World Class (low) rating. This is very decent. Sad to be out of the cup though as I could have won. Oh well better luck next season.
Old 25-01-2006, 20:08   #6
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

lost 0-1 against a IIIth division team. Played heavy defense and pressing, result is better than expected.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 20:38   #7
yndy
Prince

I won 2-1 against a better team while PiC-ing away. Full of luck. Now on to round 5 where I expect an extremely good Div V team to visit me and probably kick me out of the Cup.
Old 26-01-2006, 11:44   #8
Kemal

Lost 3-4 AET, team's were almost in balance it turned out, but luck wasn't on my side.. missed a chance to have won the game 4-3 on an solid (high) attack rating vs weak (very high) defense.

Nice cuprun all in all but a bit disappointing to have only played one home match.

Good luck to those still playing next round!