Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 30-09-2006, 23:39   #1
Socrates
Emperor

Default Season 30, Day 7

Quote:
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Bouledogue Arena saw a crowd turnout of 2377. All of Paris was shut down for the day, as fans of both clubs came to the derby. PSGCool tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players took the field: Franco - Arnold, Diakhate, Cantarini, Kamara - Smolek, Duquesnoy, Lhermite, Naudin - Kerloch, Igüarán.

Olympic had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. The following players had been chosen: Dartois - Mouysset, Lenoir, Cussac, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Raud.

It was an obvious ambition of Olympic to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. In the game's 23rd minute, Yvan Bach almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. In the 24th minute, Olympic nearly took the lead, as Yvan Bach broke through on the right. Alberto Franco made the save, however. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed PSGCool's Stelvio Cantarini a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 25th minute. 35 minutes into the game Olympic managed a counterattack, but Laurent Macrez took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Olympic dictated play, as they maintained 63 percent of possession.

Franz-Josef Daucher of Olympic received a yellow card in the 73rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. PSGCool had to make a substitution in the 79th minute. Jean-Philippe Arnold limped off the field and was replaced by David Fabre. Olympic had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team's goaltender Alberto Franco saved Jean Marouby's shot that was headed for the top corner. Laurent Lenoir of Olympic received a yellow card in the 81st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. In the game's 86th minute Olympic's Victor Cussac limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Olympic held the ball, with a clear 79 percent of possession.

The most dominating PSGCool player was without a doubt Óscar Javier Igüarán. However, Florian Naudin made a disastrous appearance. Olympic's top performer was clearly Laurent Macrez. Franz-Josef Daucher on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 0.
Frustrating match, very frustrating... But why should I care about performance, since I'll be in the same division next year ? No (real) injury and training for my GK is all I need. Mission accomplished ! As for top scorer, forget it...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:04   #2
bed_head7

Why frustrating? Playing a 4-5-1 with defensive wingbacks is essentially playing for a tie. While you probably should have won, since you dominated chances, you didn't set yourself up to score very well. If I knew I was going to be winning midfield by that margin, I would have played a 3-5-2 at the very least, as most of your attacks are in the center and a 4-5-1 does not generate a central attack unless your forward is really strong. I would also have probably played offensive wingbacks, in order to generate stronger wing attacks and help score.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:55   #3
Kingreno

I agree. I played a lot of 4-5-1 as well and usually ended up with decent posession, Overwhelming defence and a very poor attack rating in particular in the middle. What did help was play attack on wings, and play the one forward towards wing. That would normally get something like inad-wretched-passable. The downside is that your smarter opponents will "guess" your tactic and emphasize their defence on their wings.
Old 01-10-2006, 13:48   #4
Socrates
Emperor

Why, frustrating, because I didn't even get a SP event. I don't put a guy in disastrous form as IM just for fun... I followed what ABC Hattrick says on the matter, when facing a 4-4-2. I guess I'll put my WBs on offense next time (next week), as well as my 2nd CD on offense too. As for the forward going on the wing, this stupid HO is broken for that ability, so I never know when it's worth it.
Old 01-10-2006, 14:41   #5
Kingreno

HO is not always right so you should also get a feeling for your line up without using it.
Forward To wing (FTW) with 4-5-1 is almost a natural option. This is because the difference between a Disastrous or a wretched Central Attack is not that big, especially versus 4-4-2 with in general a decent Central defence.
Offensive Wingbacks. Well...this is debatable. IMHO this will sacrifice a lot of defence for mostly a minor addition to a wing attack. I am presuming you do not have excellent+ wingers. It is a waste to put say a passable defender with inad winger on offense! Instead, play him as normal (or defensive against an opponent with strong wing). If you do not expect any opposition on a specific wing you'd be better off playing the Wing Back towards middle or even as an extra central defender.
Old 01-10-2006, 15:24   #6
Kemal

Debatable indeed, because I have to disagree with you there KR. If you get the midfield with 70+% margins, playing a wingback offensive would imho be a superior choice to any of the other options, even if he had only poor or weak winger and formidable defense (unless playing vs CA of course).

No point strengthening ratings you're not using anyway.
Old 01-10-2006, 18:22   #7
Kingreno

Oh yes, when you get over 60%-65% then it is a good idea! I was basing my view on 50-50.
Old 01-10-2006, 22:37   #8
Shabbaman
Administrator

I won: 88% possession, 1 goal. My attack sucks, a forward trainer unworthy. So, 3 points for me, but the owner hasn't logged in since the 18th. My bet is that it's going to be a WO team for the rest of the season. Because my direct opponent for relegation also won, this win doesn't gain me much.

Really, lucky bastard. His opponent UNDERESTIMATED him. Grrr.

Some stats: 55 stars with 222 hatstats while piccing.
Old 01-10-2006, 23:33   #9
arne1
King

I lost again. It no longer is a novel feeling. 2-1 away with mots at the the league leader. Motsed, because I have four games in a row that I will not be able to win or will win even with pic and since my best midfielder just popped to world-class and is going to be sold after the coming stamina training, it was alos the last chanc to win with a mots. I scroed in the 8th, he scored in the 80th and 82nd minute.
On the bright side I will have a couple of million to strengthen my defence for coming season.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:52   #10
Mistfit
King

Well I finished 0-0 against the #1 team in my series so I count that as a bonus as it was a sell out crowd. Next week I will likely lose so I will PiC.. I think