Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-07-2007, 22:44   #1
Dell19
King

Default Recent Announcements

Quote:
quote:The Club Owners Federation (COF) may take drastic action if the Hattrick Football Association (HFA) and the Player Union does not respond to their demands.
- Many clubs are losing money today and the situation is getting worse. We can´t accept this anymore, the chairman of the COF said today.
According to the COF, the current salary deal with the Player Union is too generous and should be renegotiated. They also point their finger at the HFA on the need to increase ticket and sponsor income.
- We have raised these issues many times, but the HFA and the Union haven’t listened to us. This time we will not back down so easily, the chairman continued.

The HFA released a written statement, confirming negotiations will start this weekend.
“A solution can be found, but we must not lose the long term perspective. Money is one thing, but we also need to motivate all smart managers to continue doing what they are doing right.”
My first reaction was 'Oh no they've caved' and that I might quit if they over do it. Not particularly happy as it will make the economy unstable. Might have an upside though and I am probably being too negative.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 23:13   #2
Shabbaman
Administrator

"COF"? What the fuck? Seriously, I think there's nothing wrong with the current economy. I've lost a lot of money over the last few years (I started in 2003: I once paid 3.8 million euros for a magnificent PM), and it's hard to earn money with anything. But that's sort of ok, because nobody is. Now everybody and their mothers have titanic PM's, but in some time those players become too old, and nobody can pay their salaries. So the overal level will go down.

I can't see how I could possibly be compensated for all the money I lost. If you start now, I think you can have the same team as I have in something like 4 seasons.
Old 07-07-2007, 00:44   #3
Tubby Rower

I agree that it sucks that they are changing things. the only salary suggestion that I've heard that makes sense is that the xenotax should decrease over time as long as that player stays with the same team.

and the birthday crap!! oh man this will throw a loop into some plans I'd bet
Old 07-07-2007, 09:42   #4
socralynnek

Hmm, let's wait what salary changes they do. If they slightly lower salary, that's ok (or as Tjecken said They still want people who have done things right before to do it right the same way now)

And the age change was plain obvious that they introduce it before the first youths from the new system are coming. And with the mean value being same age as now, it's kind of fair. And some players being a little earlier older shouldn't be that bad, I mean, injuries slow down training much faster.
Old 08-07-2007, 13:33   #5
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:
I can't see how I could possibly be compensated for all the money I lost. If you start now, I think you can have the same team as I have in something like 4 seasons.
if this is the case I am extremely bad player since I have been playing 7 seasons and still have a team way crappier than yours.

But I fear you are right about thaT Ht is caving under the prssure of the bad palyers nagging about salary.
Old 09-07-2007, 20:19   #6
Kemal

Not sure about the decrease in salary but as socralynnek says, lets wait this out.

What is needed imho is that lower division teams get the bigger slice of the increase in money as atm, - contrary to Shabba's view - I believe it is actually a lot more difficult to get a good team able to promote through the ranks than it was in the old days.

I promoted from IX to VI in straight seasons with a team consisting of mere solids and passables, whereas now you need magnificent players to be able to advance through the VII alone. During those seasons, sponsor money and crowds suck, making expanding the stadium really tough on those newer teams, as well as having them struggle with soft salary caps early in their careers already.

Birthdays is okay as far as I'm concerned, this one was easy to see coming, I agree.
Old 09-07-2007, 21:44   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

The way I see the game at this moment: buy three titanic PM's, worry about their salaries later. There's no fun in that, nor skill.
Old 09-07-2007, 22:17   #8
Kemal

Going bankrupt (whether in 3 weeks or 3 seasons) indeed takes little skill, and is not a lot of fun either.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:17   #9
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

...I promoted from IX to VI in straight seasons with a team consisting of mere solids and passables, whereas now you need magnificent players to be able to advance through the VII alone. During those seasons, sponsor money and crowds suck, making expanding the stadium really tough on those newer teams, as well as having them struggle with soft salary caps early in their careers already....
I just bought myself a brilliant PM. Absolutely essential to promote would be two or three of them. Despite the low prices (he did cost me 330,000 euro...) it took about 8 weeks for me to save the money to buy such a star. Looking at the transfer market I can't depend on training income anymore and income from the crowds is very low in the VIIIth. And I also can't depend on the cup for more income. Generally an VIIIth div team is out after the first round. So I think Kemal is right. It has become quite hard to promote to higher levels.

By the way, I think it is stupied that there's only one promotion spot in the VIIIth and two in the VIIth.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 13:39   #10
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Going bankrupt (whether in 3 weeks or 3 seasons) indeed takes little skill, and is not a lot of fun either.
But isn't this what the HT's announcement is about? Valuable players have become too cheap, everybody and their mothers buy titanic players, and are whining they don't make enough money to pay their wages. At least, that's what I make of it. I doubt there were that many titanic PM's in the dutch 5th, or 4th 10 seasons ago.