Thread: We need to move
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 15:49   #23
BCLG100
Deity

The problem is we're all really busy these days and even our core group has been depleted markedly. I'm the age now where most of you were first starting to play civ and it's fairly safe to say i'm by far the youngest/least amount of kids/ least married and even I struggle to find time to play an online game. For instance right now i could commit to playing a game for a few hours but i've no idea if i could play it for the next month.

Does anyone even post at the other site anymore? I think CDZ is now the only forum i actively post in and even then my posting has diminished over the past year and so would it really be that useful sticking a link in a signature?

The further problem with our MP of recent games is that we've advertised it at cfc and we've generally got a few playing but there has normally been one player who has not fit in to the cdz way of doing things leaving a bad taste in everyones mouth and more often than not having the open turn thread turn in to some form of minor flame war, I don't think anyone really wants/appreciates that/would want to come back should that happen again.

We could always start our own GOTM? I don't mind designing maps for it, this isn't dependent on a group of people playing for you to play your own turn. The only drawback is that this obviously isn't MP.

edit- we also need to fix the registration, the fact that most people can't sign up and post obviously hinders the growth of the forum.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote