View Single Post
Old 27-11-2004, 19:47   #13
Grille

55.15 KB

121:
Wartime!

Since the Babs refused to demand tribute recently, I declared war on them myself. On the past turns, I used a horsie to inspect the best defender of the nearby city of Nippur. It was a bowman and I didn't want to wait for a pike showing up there.
I bought in Germany and Korea which was amazingly cheap. Germans get 3gpt and Korea poly (well, K certainly made the better deal with this). Korea gets engineering as free tech. I had hopes my on mono or feudalism, but I buy it for 27gpt/republic. They revolt.

I'm not sure if the Babylonians have pikes or even knights (they do have chivalry>Templar construction). Sure thing is that Babs must be hit hard until the pop, tech, wonder (and of course the mineshaft) gap increases. Untill now, there's 5(!) wonders in Babylon (Pyr, MoM, TGL, HG, Leo's).
Anyways, I could score in the first round, Nippur has been razed and 2 slaves will serve for France now.

110.27 KB

Alas, a trebuchet was destroyed in the cause.
On another 'front', which is at the Babylonian-Korean border and featured by a sole brave warrior, a third slave was captured.