View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 21:02   #48
Beorn
Disabled Vet

The firt naval combat is about to take place as a bloodthirsty Victarion Greyjoy eyes a helpless barbie galley.

Between 1 and 3 landmasses have been found thus far. A settling party will be dispatched on the double to take advantage of the sugar luxury resource. Sugar will give me +1 health with grocer, meaning +3 health apothecaries. Can't wait.

And now for the war reports.

A joint taskforce of 23 units, mainly CR2 catapults and axemen, have lain siege to Babylon.

15 defenders are keeping Babylon in play. A half dozen more will reach it this turn.

Time to place your bets. The Québécois military caste has 2.3:1 odds on Killer attacking and winning this turn, whereas our builder caste believes they will wait another turn and miss their chance at 1.8:1 odds. None of the scholar caste are betting, having been too busy perfecting naval means of transporting settlers across the ocean.

With a LOT of whipping, Ynnek is on the very edge of holding his own. Most of the offensive force are CR axemen and his bowmen have extra strength against melee units. There's enough spears to hold off the elephants. Meanwhile, Matrix seems to be building up an economy in the hopes of holding his own against my research rate - how else would he have so few troops in there. Killer has tons of guys but his reinforcements have to snake around jungles and mountains.

In the long run, I don't think Ynnek can sustain the push. In the short term, the odds are slightly against him. But for that window between him hopefully surviving Killer's onslaught and Matrix bludgeonning him apart with macemen later, he'll have kept the entire continent in the dark ages. Hats off.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 08-07-2019 at 21:06.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote