View Single Post
Old 28-03-2005, 18:10   #10
Kingreno

wow an update.[]

We are now at turn 126.

7.03KB

In short, me and erikk have this agreement made eons ago about peace till the IA. He is celts me rome, we both lack horses. Erikk, however, has used his awesome GS for this:

62.77KB

And yes, it does continue further up north. He annihilated the Indians, very very weak civ, and then allied the world vs teh Arabs and grabbed their land too. The Indians are dead, while Arabia is scattered on several islands and alive for now.
In the meantime the splendid Roman empire...

63.85KB

No, this is it. ahem.

How did this happen? well...

I was way back on everything when I struck home Theology. This got me chiv and Invention and parity with the world. It alos got me mega GPT deals with Babylon and the Inca, while I got Horses from persia. This all made me go 100% Science with a Token army, only too happy with The SoZ I managed to get:

21.77KB

Needless to say I am weak vs all. Good thing is though that at 100% science I outran the world and Education was mine too! This in turn was traded for GP and given away to prevent Erikk catching up. Next was Astro, we made that too, and traded for Chemistry. Erikk is clearly stearing Towards Cav.

50.03KB

I do not mind. I triggered my GA against Egypt (other side of the world demanded something clearly not an option). Physics is in 4 turns and Universities are in all major cities! The AI is paying for the rest:

18.82KB

This turn, science can go down to 40%, will get me towards 1k gold again and there is plenty of cash around to pay for Physics. Erikk may be going for Metallurgy and I hope the Inca get it first so I can trade it arround. I may even prevent him from getting Education!

The diplomatic screen:

58.86KB

Nice to see Arabs are still alive, their culture is great so perhaps flipping is a danger for Erikk. This would mean he needs recapturetroops ready in the far North.
And this is where my Evil plan emerges: I plan to go Industrial way before Erikk expects. I will then land 10-15 Knights (or cav) in his core and strike his now empty cities that are near my border! I don't have any other options since Babylon and Persia are paying me gold and horses...let's just hope he does not pull back in time and is building Universities in his core.
I still have 14 turns of GA to go, we need Magnetism, Banking, ToG and Metalurgy for the IA, and miltrad as well.
the f11:

55.16KB

This tiny Empire has rather large balls so it seems.