View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 22:02   #22
Kemal

Some latest developments in this game, lots of wonderful things going on here.

We're now at 25 AD, and the Malinese Empire has now a period of increasing prosperity for the past few hundred years. GNP and food output in particular have been on the increase again, which can most easily be illustrated by comparing the 25 AD demographs with the one shown earlier from 250 BC:

75.11KB

One reason in particular for the increase in GNP can be found in the fact that around 50 BC bureaucracy was adopted, so a lot more gold coins and (a few) hammers appeared sticking to all the red tape in Timbuktu, but another factor is a recently completed great project in Djenne:

83.78KB

At only 200 shields, an immediate increase of 13 raw commerce was generated throughout the empire, with atm almost exclusively running domestic trade routes. With the advent of harbours - and more developed foreign empires - that statistic will probably only increase further.

In the meantime, my project of trying to grab the Parthenon failed as Darkness obviously has a source of marble too, as he completed this 400 hammer wonder in the same city only 12 turns after the Lib, averaging 33 hammer/turn. With the top mfg goods producer after me being at 42, I guess the local wildlife around Darkness's capital has suffered badly in recent years.

But, not a big problem as I already had invested 212 hammers in it which are conveniently transformed in 212g, which can be put to splendid use for my money burning research projects. After Civil Service, Metal casting follows in 3, with the long term target now being Optics to start producing caravels, and perhaps later Banking for Mercantilism.

On the diplomatic front things have been quiet, I'm at very good footing with Matrix, and he can buy my techs at a big discount, and some even at a get-now-pay-later base, since his development will boost my development as well. Now only to extort theology from these rotten Romans... Rome and Antium are beginning to feel the effects of war unhappiness as our fighting continues, and especially Rome needs to be transformed into a GP-factory quickly, thus needing rapid growth/extra happiness. It could be I will be pushed into a peace deal soon anyway...

To conclude, christianity unfortunately spread to Monty via Cumae, so now he's starting to get pissed again with me. Last thing I need is even more foreign routes closing... but that's what you always get when having Monty and Caesar on your landmass, the most aggressive AIs available after all.

Will keep you guys informed.