View Single Post
Old 24-06-2004, 13:14   #13
Kingreno

Update!

The game is now on turn 119 which I just send to Anarres. He will have first strike on turn 220, but I do not expect an invasion of my lands just yet. I have forced Anarres into a defensive position which will not be easy for him at all.
I never expected 30 turns ago that the newly added Ironclad tech would be this crucial in this (or any) game. I have withstood many tempting offers for it and still hold monopoly!

7.1KB

As can be seen, Anarres now holds 3 islands. His starting island is naturaly the most important one and will be very heavily defended. To the west of that is former Dutch terrain rich with resources and semi productive. It also holds Magellans in Amsterdam. To the Southeast a tundra island with two luxes for him. No production.

This in many situations would be a very good position indeed. But not so when your opponent has:

16.55KB

And please remember that the best boat Anarres has is a 2.2.7 Frigate. I will have 12 more Ironclads in 4 turns. My plan is to use this fleet for seadominance and bombardment. I will land 28 units soon too. But I will wait a bit to see what he does.

99.2KB

East of Ohrid, dummy invasionfleet threatning two islands, SW of spetum, the 28 Carthaginian heroes. Everywhere: Ironclads!