View Single Post
Old 18-11-2004, 03:12   #5
Grille

108:
Accumultating the gold for stealing was hard business. I was finally *be able* to pay for the immediate option in this turn.
After decreasing for a while, the score gap to Beam has recently increased again. Same with F11; stagnation all over the place, to be blamed on despotism (dropped to #4 in GNP this turn!). Babs avoided trading of republic to Korea or Germany, thus it was way too expensive to buy it (research it on my own, maybe just partly, was nearly impossible in considerable time - due to gpt spendings/ lack of native luxs).
So since I have at least built some units to defend myself, I decided to risk a war and spent nearly all my gold (600g) on the immediate steal option:

(almost missed to hit print-screen...)

82.07 KB

<s>Vive la Republique!</s>

Ok, not now. In the meantime, we have:

Vive l'Anarchie!

And that will last for 7 turns. Probably the worst I could get. But I should be happy enough about the succesful steal attempt.

An issue, though. 2 Babylonian galleys entered my waters. I pointed to their position in this godzilla-minimap:

62.01 KB

Got no idea what they want; no space left on the continent to settle for which they'd need a galley. Maybe they're going to drop a unit or two next to an undefended city which would be good for ww-reasons but obviously pretty much fatal while in anarchy.
Or they are indeed carrying settlers and cruising to an island.

Edit: I forgot: before revolting, I traded republic and 2gpt to Germany for poly, construction, 8g. Korea only had a mere 15g in their bank (and are even still in ancient times), nothing achieved here.