View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 15:45   #2
Grille

huh, the Beam game is going for quite a while, yet the spoiler is rather thin and needs some stuffing.

The Tour de France started here with a hilly leg:

50.8 KB

Quote:
quote:
Plopped the settler right away...

Don't drink and civ!

Otherwise, this happens when opening the second save:

63.08 KB

Here's the start on the world map:

6.76 KB

Beam moved his settler, which was certainly a good approach.
Because of my miserable opening and due to possible barb thread, I didn't build early military. That would surly delay contacts, but since I live near the south pole, exploration could not be done into all directions anyways.
Second city was founded at the coast next to the cow and built a granny. The cow gets micro-milked (), dependent on what town's cuisine needs the trimmings.

Btw, Later, the cow might be used as cat ammo in good old French tradition...

Research put on writing as second aim.

Logically, Beam took over the score lead pretty fast. IIRC he was ~35 points ahead around turn 45. At that time, I finally sent out exploring warriors which were killed by barbs. Surprisingly, one warrior detected a barb camp in a -for me- unexplored close-by area! I haven't had contacts so far. mmh, ivory:

79 KB

A bit later, my first neighbour was met: the Babylonians. The founding of Marseilles revealed 25g from the mountain barb camp: my treasury was just big enough for an embassy in Babylon (turn 57). Free investigation showed they were building the Pyramids. They didn't know philo, my actual research aim.
Here's a map overview (57):

116.64 KB

... and some meek demograph data (60) :

139.41 KB

In turn 65, I detected a blue border in the north.
Babs still didn't know philo. I could hire some scientists, philo officially due in one turn... set research to lit in 66 and got it for free!

Set to CoL as next goal.
IBT 66:
Greeks built Oracle
Hittite built the SoZ!

Ok, my (not-so-serious) palace pre-build could not be used for SoZ anymore. Beam showed some kind of reaction on my info message about the wonder completion, so chances are the Hittites live near Beam. Hehe. Unless he steals it in time...

68:
Blue border=Germany, so I arranged a bazar:
Babs get philo for wheel, WC, 81g
embassy in Berlin
Germany gets philo for BW, 14g
Babs get lit for CB, maths, 37g
Germans get lit for myst

IBT 69:
Babylon built Pyramids!

IBT 72:
Babylon built TGL!!
I checked their techs in 73, they have CoL. Apparently, SGL off doesn't work as expected. Agreed with Beam to disband SGLs, just in case we would get one.

73:
Scrapped CoL research, switched to currency.

IBT 73:
Berlin built Colossus.

-to be continued soon-