View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 21:08   #3
Kingreno

Yes, even two curragh's as first units!

turn 39. Brave Ducth sailors have ventured out into the world to find out that everyone can be reached by coastal tiles! We find ourselves in the Northwestern part of the world where the evil Byzantines are on our opposite side. To our west are the Romans. The rest is "between" Beam and me. But first things first. Barbs. I hate them. period.
I spotted a barb boat on turn 12 or so, and some warriors a turn later. They had a camp on the only nearby cow!

70.96KB

Luckily the wheat provides a good second citylocation. The Southern warrior defeated both barbs (incl the camp). The northern won his fight too but had to capitulate when a horse appeared a few turns later.
This allowed for the southern cowland to be officially free of barbs and the third city was founded there.
The good news is in techs and exploration. I met the romans very soon and the Mongols a turn later. This netted me som every nice trades. Meeting Iroquois and America a turn later helped again effectively making me techbroker. The Inca were next and they are on the same island as the Iroquois. If they go to war and one wins...it will be a very powerfull civ.
On turn 34 or so Beam met me. Beam the backwards!

60.15KB

Please note I have HBR and Mysticism as well. I am also 12 turns from Philosophy here. I established an embassy.

76.2KB

Beam did meet most of the world. He probably knows Egypt.

54.97KB

Beam is probably doing Math and he might very well make that. If he does he's back in the ballgame. In the meantime I want my island free of barbs and get Philo first. After that it is republic.
The Minimap:

4.78KB

next update will come soon