View Single Post
Old 13-02-2004, 21:04   #1
Kingreno

Default Kingreno vs ERIKK ****SPOILER***

specs: continents (2 or more), deity light, I play Iro, Erikk Sumeria.

The start was ok and I settled both setlers close to eachother so both can profit from the foodrich area, especially the wheat. I set one to a next setler and the other to warrior, one, then workers, six. The setler in Salamanca was to be send to the sea (nearby) to build a curragh. My scout warrior found the GREEKS.
I have them on my doorstep a bit too often IMHO.
On research. I set science to CB at max which led to it in 10 turns, I did this because there are no religious civs in the game and besides trading it may even lead to a SGL. It did not. After it I went 100% writing.
With Greece I traded CB and Pot for 10g and BW. I met the Inca a turn later who gave me Mas for alpha which gave me WC from Greece. Greece is up The Wheel on me, I am par with the Inca.

44.07KB

I am still very small in area but as can be seen here, some other demographics seem to favor me: Note as well that Salamance has completed the granary and 6 workers are active. Also, the temple will be switched to settler.. To prevent a very quick Incan neighbourcity.

53.19KB

As for Erikk, Ur is still size one, meaning he has no granary based on previous sizes. It might mean his second city is a setler fac, or, based on previous games, he mined the cow/wheat