View Single Post
Old 28-06-2013, 15:53   #7
Shabbaman
Administrator

I keep spamming intrigue plots to kill opposing family members, with great success. Compared to the Germany game, I like where this is going. It's also easier than in the Germany game, since because of my low rank I can get a lot of lowborn women with high intrigue stats at my court. Although gamewise it's not that useful (it'd be useful if the other family heads would be old and my heir would be young). At least the popups are amusing.

A real pity I can't start "seize tradepost" plots though.

Iacopo dies and is succeeded by his brother Andrea.

And more Croatian coastal resorts are owned by the Contarini's:

Speaking of resorts, did you know that the city center of Split (or Spalato, as it is called ever since I own it) is build within the walls of Dioclatian's palace? I read something about it while we were on holiday in Croatia, so we visited the town.

The walls of the palace are still standing and were used as city walls. It's huge. Truely amazing, and worth a visit.

I notice one Byzantine province where I own a tradepost is independent, so I seize the city immediately.

The popup obscures that the Byzantines have almost annexed all of the Balkan. The few remaining Croatian counties and my Dalmatian provinces are all that's left here of their de jure lands. There's the kingdom of Sicily (fun fact: it has a Norman lord, historically accurate), but since the empress has married the Sicilian king... meh. I've decided that swearing fealty to the Byzantine empress is the wisest thing to do. Any thoughts?