Thread: Civs vs Civs
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 19:03   #29
Socrates
Emperor

One more fool and we're off !!

OK, some thoughts :
- I reiterate my interest in a pelago map (Swimming Pool Starts Again ? ). I think we could have main islands as starting places, and many small or tiny islands everywhere, for resources, choke points, etc... Could be fun with many ships all over the place. In the case of a pelago map, we could have 8 islands, one for each couple ; or 8 islands, each one of them harbouring 2 leaders from different players (hehe) ; or 4 islands ; or 16 islands. There are a few possibilities there. The mapmaker (our God, remember) could also decide to keep it as a surprise, after we tell him a general idea (ie. pelago map).
- Barbs : dunno. Maybe this will lead to unfair advantages. But I don't have much experience with the game, so I'm fine with barbs, raging or normal or with none.
- City gifting : I'd prefer to forbid any kind of those tricks (city gifting, unit gifting)... Too much trickey IMHO.
- No diplo : sounds good, since we are at Always War. Otherwise forget Always War, but I like it myself. That'd mean absolutely no talking to any foreign party during the whole game (except for making fun of someone in the general thread ).

Just realised that Always War means no tech trading between players. Makes the game more straightforward, since all your research will come from your 2 leaders, and you'll have to make sure both get their part of the tech tree done (or it seems you can research the same tech and it adds up every turn : anyone can confirm ?).