View Single Post
Old 22-06-2010, 16:33   #4
Aggie
Emperor

I am going to let it sink in, but I truly hate the timing of this announcement. Granted, it would have been worse for me if this was done last season (when sold all my 19 y/20y old trainees at the end of the season), but only 7 weeks before the start of next season I now have to respond to the consequences.

I had a game plan with which I wanted to grow steadily towards a IIIrd division or more. Now this game plan has become obsolete.

The YA will become a joke when you can train your player faster in the senior team. Seems that I only should hire 15 yo players in the YA, regardless of their skills. Better to promote a multi pasable/inad 17 y 0 d old than an excellent 17 y 80 d old (with two inad side-skills). My excellent defender, inad passing prospect who can promote at the age of 17 y 80 d just became virtually worthless, compared to his former prospect.

I should decide fast. If I sell all my players asap I can get some money out of them, with the side-effect that I will not promote. If I wait longer I might lose more and more money on them, but I am then playing one level higher (with still a decent financial situation).

Quiting this game vs changing my strategy AGAIN is now at 70-30.

Last edited by Aggie; 23-06-2010 at 08:27.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote