View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 01:24   #7
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Thanks guys for the feedback. Any advice on how to play better, especially about things that are specific to MP, will help me get better. I respect your advice.

Maybe I should have just settled in place, but I'm learning. Since I already moved into the forest, there wasn't any point in going back, so it was a question of settle in the forest or move to the plains hill 2N (NE>NW). I moved in the first place to find food, but I wanted that plains hill when I saw it. It would still get the fish and potentially other seafood as well. Again, maybe I shouldn't have delayed settling, but I couldn't resist the plains hill.

My warrior was gifted 65 gold from a nice group of villagers.

It doesn't seem likely that another civ could get to my capitol. My warrior will protect it, so I can't resist moving. Possibly I am playing very newbish. Please let me know. I don't usually scout with my settler.

My capitol will have ivory, but it will need a galley before it can be improved.

Here is my island after turn 1. It looks quite small with a fish, wine, and a gold. It seems my island is very small as I can see coast just in the black FoW east of the gold. Hopefully another seafood is on the east coast.

I'm not so familiar with playing on Archipelago maps, but I'll do my best. I'll want fishing, sailing and BW early. I'll probably go Fishing>BW>Sailing. I don't think I need another warrior because of the apparent size of my island. Will move my warrior 1N just in case someone is on the other side of the mountains. So I might start with a worker and have him improve the grass hill to crank out a workboat quickly.