View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 12:06   #2
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

My Leader/Civ:

Mehmed II is EXP and ORG giving him cheaper workers, +2 health, double-speed granaries, cheaper civics, double-speed lighthouses, courthouses, and factories. India starts with Mysticism and Mining and has the Fast Worker and the Mausoleum. The idea is to get fast workers out quickly and improve tiles quickly, with cheap economic infrastructure. This would seem to be a good setup for expansion. No military bonuses or UU.

Here's the start:

Just a plains wine? That's not what I was looking for. A lot of forests but I think I'll end up moving. I move my warrior 1NE:

I won't miss any special tiles except wine if I move 1N and maybe I'll find some food. I'll at least get more land tiles while still being coastal:

At least this spot has a fish, but if I move 1NE>1NW I could settle on a plains hill with the fish and get 4h early for faster worker. If I settle in place here the worker comes out in 15 turns. If I take another turn and move it comes out in 12 turns. The only real loss is 1 turn of teching (probably BW). I'm thinking I'll move, then settle the next turn then tech BW>Fishing and build a worker, with some turns on a warrior if the worker would get done before BW.

EDIT: actually, it will take 14 turns to get the first worker if I move (because I can't work the 2h tile until the border pops). This becomes a wash in terms of the first worker, although every one after that gains time.

Last edited by SilentConfusion; 11-04-2010 at 12:09.