View Single Post
Old 24-03-2005, 12:33   #9
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Offshore Platform required Miniaturization which is Modern tech and Recycling center - Mass Transit also belongs to Modern Age. It might be possible to move them down though.

There were Mass Transits during WWII at least in major cities, so no big deal here. But pollution was terrible. We also will need Courthouses everywhere except capital. And may be Commercial docks are worth having as well. We can live without Offshore platforms and Recycling centers IMO, just give more starting workers (1 per each city at least), may be make them industrious. This is pure routine after all.

We can take from WWII in the Pacific the ability of Destroyers to carry one unit on them. And may be worth having extra hit points on units. I've been playing and studying recently the Barbarossa scenario by Sarevok/Rocotech. Even had a dream when my grandfather came to me and said I must play PBEM with this scenario against Aggie. Madness is so close sometimes...

Well, regarding this scenario, they have fancy graphics and good animation. May be Sarevok will allow to borrow a few pieces of art from there. And the combat is greatly increased by having 4-hp conscripts, 5-hp regulars, and 6-7-hp elites (similar to TAM). Believe me, it is much batter and underpowers arty and bombard in general which is actually way overpowered. I'd also give air units lethal land and sea bombardment.

I udnerstand, this is a different game I'm talking about, so no problem if we decide to stick with more traditional way.