View Single Post
Old 13-11-2004, 16:21   #10
Kingreno

Indeed erikk. "kei gaaf man, radio Bergeyk"

As turn 138 came the citizens of Eindhoven had a very though decision to make. Suntzu's was about to complete and in reality 1 out of three wonders could be built; SunTzu, Sistine and Copernicus. Sistime was a no go since there is not a single cathedral in Greece. Sun Tzu would give the limited advantage of free Rax, but I already have Rax in most towns, so it would mainly be to deny it to Beam (who gets enough for free). Also, it will come in rather handy in newly conquered American Towns.
Copernicus would give Eindhoven a great science boost. That is basicly it.
I picked Sun Tzu:

42.33*KB

But for yet another very important reason. Since I know the other continent has Feudalism for quite some time now (korea built Knights Templar some time ago), they too must be building SunTzu. That would mean, upon construction of it in Eindhoven, they would switch to either Leo's, Sistine OR Copernicus. But the latter is only 400 shields, 200 less then the others. The fact that the turn after No other wonder was built is a very good thing indeed, as the AI is rather fond of Copernicus (there are reasons).
It all led me to believe (and hope) I have a solid Monopoly on astronomy. copernicus due in Veldhoven in 14 turns, Caravles exploring sea tiles!

Well. Nice.

The southern lands are beginning to become Greek:

I captured teh Magnificent MoM, and a turn later washington teh Wonderless Capitol.

92.57*KB

Naturally the MeLeGes (Medieval Leader Generators) dispatched the ugly archer creating an uglier Leader who would later give his name to an evan uglier average Dutch Footballclub.

84.67*KB

Used for a second army of Knights, a welcome help!

The southern part of My lands:

130.17*KB

This is where Commercial shines in all glory. Many cities are still pretty productive, the FP in Bergeyk is well situated.

The North: Peaceful.

72.83*KB

As for the stats. F11 shows that me and Beam are doing the hammering. He has a slightly bigger pop, helped by agri's food and irrigated desert. I have a better productivity. We are both in a GA.

18.17*KB

And finaly some news on the scouting front. As I now have astronomy I can safely explore seasquares, we agreed no suicide runs, so no oceans yet. Navigation however, is due in 2 turns now!
I have ships at the eastern and western tips of the continent, ready to set sail!

the Minimap:

4.89KB

EDIT: added right Minimap