View Single Post
Old 29-06-2010, 07:59   #21
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Ok, well I haven't really been updating this. The reason being that over half of the people playing backed out and reverted to AI. It was just my civ and a couple others with the vast majority of my opponents kicked to AI, including Russia who is the only one I had met.

Well I played it out for a while, discovering Copper 1SE of my capitol and I teched wheel>fishing>sailing while building warriors and axes. I pre-chopped all of my forests and when I got Copper hooked up I chopped them all into Axes. When I got Sailing I 2-pop whipped the capitol and transported the Axes over. As my opponent was AI, didn't have to worry too much about him realizing what I was doing with those axes next to his border. With 3 Axes and 3 Warriors I took his Capitol. I should have maybe waited a turn as he was about to found a new city, but I didn't want to risk him whipping another archer and giving me trouble capturing, so I just killed him.

Right about that time, it was the general consensus that the game was just not what it was supposed to be with only a few players playing a bunch of AI. So the game was abandoned. It was surmised that perhaps the island starts (and poor ones at that) had led people to become disinterested.