View Single Post
Old 26-09-2016, 09:36   #29
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

@Shabba: My feelings are somewhat on the similar side. I played a lot of TBS and RTS when I was younger. Now, I'm more into RPGs and maybe even shooters. It should be the opposite. But I don't like the clicking, it is too intense and really, really stupid. In RPGs, the clicking load is much less intense and in shooters, you have to use the keyboard. It is as simple as that.

Civ3 is actually the only game that was enjoyable to play against the AI. Also, it had very friendly modding interface. Civ4 was less challenging but more time consuming especially troop movement. For me, Civ5 is tedious and not fun. Civ5 is also unruly and things on autopilot are not really controllable. And diplomacy and AI makes even less sense that in Civ3. Actually, Civ4 had a reasonable diplomacy system.

Civ1 and Civ2 were also good games, just sort of somewhat on the primitive side.

I've watched a few Civ6 videos, maybe 20 minutes all together. I'm not excited and I'm not going to preoder or buy. I'll wait for reviews and bug fixes for a few months. If it goes well, I may buy it. If it does not, which is quite possible, I won't.

tldr: We'll see how it goes.