View Single Post
Old 24-08-2005, 00:05   #1
romeothemonk
King

Default Big changes in Romeoland

First, I would like to announce that gas prices have hit an all time high in Rapid City. Being a good American I have 2 vehicles, a Merucry Grand Marquis Wagon (5 litre V8) and a half ton Chevy Silverado pickup (1990, title is not mine, but in my granmothers, I will probably buy it within a few months). I drive both regularly, but was hit with a gas bill in excess of $50 for less than a month. With that I decided that enough was enough. I went and spent $80 on a bike. I will recoup the cost in less than 2 months, and my fat butt will get some exercise.
Here is my bike, not a great thing, but it made me give up a gas guzzling beast of a vehicle.

70.08KB
This week is the first time that I have ridden a bike in 11 years. The town I lived in in Minnesota required that bikers wear helmets or face a fine, so I just stopped riding bikes when I was 13.

The other big change is that I have gone from Student to Research Scientist. That means I get my own office, well kind of. I now spend ~45-50 hours a week in this little hole. It aint that bad, especially as I now get insurance to help cover little details like bike accidents etc.
Here is my little office

58.5KB

The office actually means I have more time to persue CDZ, unfortunately for everyone, that doesn't mean that the quality of my musings or ramblings will improve.