View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 23:02   #10
Rik Meleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
(..)@Darkness: Bos was a liar during the last electoral campaign, but he and his party were punished for that. Now as a minister of finance I think he's doing a fine job. This job clearly fits him better.(..)
I've become quiet skilled and knowledgable (due to live poker games and reading books about it) in detecting signs and gestures of lies. I picked up that Bos certainly displayed strong signs of lying during the Fortis-chapter of the financial crisis.
I hadn't read those books so I wasn't able to spot signs of lies as effectively during the last electoral campaign, so I can't comment on him there.

I once voted D66 in the early 90's. I got turned of big time by their purple ministers. Borst killing the healthcare-sector and Brinkhorst killing the agriculture-sector.

---

The current system of a 100% smoke ban is a terrible system. The thoughts and philosophies behind it all proved wrong and the consequence is that the ban can lead to mass-bankcrupcy. I fail to see how that is a good thing.
IMVHO each bar should have a legal way to allow smoking inside, without giving up the clear advantages non-smoking has, for instance by creating special secluded smoking and non-smoking sections.