View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 16:47   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default No CDA for me next elections (D66?)

So, this weekend there's a Christian Democratic congress and apparently they've made a few decisions I definitely do not support. First of all they force many 'neighbourhood' cafés to go bankrupt and somehow don't feel sympathy for them. Secondly it seems they really intend to attack the soft drugs market, which I think is a very very bad idea.

But there is more. Ever since the formation I've been disappointed about the numberous things. The choice of ministers for instance: all friends of Balkenende, most of them on their position not because of the expertise, but because of their political skills, which in my opinion does not serve the quality of policy making. The PvdA for instance had much bolder choices. Although they're not all very bright (Vogelaar), I love Plasterk! And Bos is more than adequate.

So I'm pretty disappointed in CDA right now. Then of course the question rises: what to vote for then? All the opposition parties just scream and shout and ask for emergency debates without thinking, except for D66. I never thought I'd ever consider this, but to me they're the only reasonable alternative. They don't just nag, but also say what's right, and give constructive criticism.

The only problem I have with D66 now is they're so-called 'crown jewels': referendum, mayor elections, and so forth. (I do support the idea of an election for the prime minister (or (cabinet) formator to be exact).) And their ministers also weren't really the brightest as well.

Luckily elections are still far away, so I still have some time to think about it.