Thread: Socrates.com
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2005, 18:12   #50
Socrates
Emperor

1) I checked the jumper on my drive : I changed it to "slave" position. I didn't check it on the other drive, though I know it is on "master".

2) Yeah, the same grey, flat IDE cable connects both drives to the motherboard.

3) When I start my dad's PC, it recognizes every drive, and immediately tells me about the FAILURE about the primary slave drive (mine), and that it needs to be replaced after saving the data.

In fact, my dad's PC has 2 hard drives, one on master, one on slave, as well as 2 drives for CDs and DVDs. I just took the plugs off of the slave hard drive, and put them on mine.

I shook it a little bit, nothing more than with a Kinder chocolate.

In "Poste de travail" (where you can see the drives), I can see my damaged partition, though it is called "Disque local" (standard, unpersonalized name). Clicking on it says "Drive isn't accessible... Error with a pagination operation" (translation by me). Right-clicking on it sometimes shows that the partition has 0 byte on 0 available, and that it is in RAW. The other partition shows up well, even on my dad's PC.

I'm close to forgetting about the data, and buying a new drive, and start from scratch. I checked and I didn't back up anything on CDs.