View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 20:20   #7
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

turn 9
Rik gets a pop increase and his military also goes up. He cant have build anything on 9 hammers so this could mean a warrior/scout from a hut. He's working 2 coastal tiles now

47.55KB

I pop my hut and !!!!

43.97KB

turn 10
Rik switches to 2 flood plains. He does love to micromanage

turn 11
My work boat is done and starts to work on the clams. Now the important decision what to build next. From a builder p.o.v. it would be best to start on the 2nd work boat but that would leave me an easy target for barbs and Rik's troops. Especially if he popped a unit from a hut there's a good chance he'll find me soon on this little map. Also barbs are set on relentless or something: that doesnt sound very friendly as well. So I decide to build a warrior first. It will take me 7 turns to finish so that's the delay I'll get on the 2nd work boat for going down the safe route.

turn 13
Rik's score jumps. Maybe he's got a tech?

turn 14
Islam is founded. Shouldnt that have happened a turn ago... Maybe I just didnt notice before. Wonder if he went poly or medi. He focused on science quite a bit so maybe poly was possible in this time frame as well. Another jump in military for Rik to 8K. My Excel sheet tells me he has 15 hammers now so that's a warrior built for Rik

turn 15
Meditation done, no religion for me. So Rik went down the meditation route as well and I gambled and lost. After some thinking I decide to have a shot at poly anyway. Prolly Rik will start on a tech that will help build farms/pastures/mines instead of getting a 2nd religion. Otoh he could just do it to deny me one. As I dont need mining anytime soon because I wont be building a worker quickly Poly seems worth another gamble

turn 18
Finish warrior, start work boat. Another hut in sight.

72.2KB

turn 20
I pop my hut and get money

turn 21
In one the mails Rik claims his scout was killed by a barb and that his build hasnt finished so he's now just pressing the enter button. Seems weird to me cause his military is on par with mine which means he should have 2 warriors. I'm still a bit confused how his socre went from 5K-6K and is now 8K which is equal to my 2warriors but my score wnet 5k-8K when the warrior was built iirc. Maybe he popped a scout at the 5k-6k which got killed and then the warrior got him to 8K? Have to ask him when the game is over. Still I dont think he isnt scouting cause 2 warriors in your cap seems a bit too much atm.

We both get score jumps for the next culture level.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote