View Single Post
Old 21-09-2005, 15:45   #23
romeothemonk
King

I grew up in a factory town of Hutchinson MN. There are 2 factories there, each of which employs 2,000+ people. In winter time the temperature gets a wee bit nippily, (weeks where it doesn't get above 0 F) and as soon as it would get below -10 F, all the japanese cars wouldn't start. When it was below -5 F, all the non-Northland edition American vehichles wouldn't start. I never saw it get so cold that the Northland package American made cars wouldn't start. (And it got to -40 a few times a year).
With pickup trucks, once you drive a good one you are hooked. The sightlines, hauling power, and the offroad capability just rule.
I am 1.8 meters tall, and 95-100 kilo's, but only the stupid would dare call me fat. One thing that Americans do routinely is drive around the country. On business, I drive the equivalent of Paris to Budapest, and do that once a month. For sports/vacation, we drive distances similar to Paris to Kiev and back, and on trips of that magnitude, roomier is better. I admit I kind of set myself up with some of this stuff, but I don't mind the razzing, it is one of the cool things about CDZ.
Renault and Saab are Euro cars, not Asian, and are more expensive by about 15% than American cars in South Dakota. In fact, I have not seen a renault on the road in Rapid City.
Killer asked what modern car I would like so here goes.
I would prefer a late 90's model full size Chevy Silverado Half-ton pickup truck. Gas, not diesel, normal 3 seat bench cab, v8 engine, trailer hitch, custom cattle guard, off road package. However, this truck only makes sense as long as I continue to live away from civilization.
I encourage others to list their ideal means of transportation that is reasonably within their price range. (DOn't need a bunch of Enzo's showing up here. )