View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 11:53   #4
Kingreno

Turns 80-125

Some good things, some bad.

The fact that the only wonder built on my continent is the lighthouse is not a good thing at all. Beam has a plethora of Great Wonders to capture, with Spain being so very weak. To add to misery, the Byzantines on my lands will surely find the other continent (if they haven't already) using their Lighthoused Dromons.
The war between America and China finaly ended, and not too soon for China. No less then three major cities are now American meaning my northern border is also American now. Not good. There were still a lot of units (90% american) walking through my lands and some of my workers at one point were surrounded (totaly!!) by foreign unts. As soon as the war ended I therefor asked the Polite Americans to leave my turf, as they at that point had only 6 units within my borders. I expected them to go, but they did not, causeing them to declare war on me! I gambled and sort of lost as I had not too many units that time. Enough to survive though.
Techs and Buildings. I have Markets, Libs and rax everywhere. Eindhoven was building SunTzu, as a preb for Knigts Templar, but apparently the other continent is way ahead as Korea built it 6 turns before me. I now am in a bit of trouble as I do not expect to make SunTzu. I can switch to Sistine now, as I hold a theology monopoly (on my island), but that would be a rather useless wonder. I am racing to Copernicus as a "best of the rest" option.
On the war. Things are okay. I allied Byzantinea and China against America. It cost me my chivalry mono to the Byzies, but they lack horses. China went for 3 gold and Monarchy.
The area: I am fighting two fronts now and am aiming to capture the former Chinese cities in the north asap, to make sure Byzantine units are heading towards teh south.

104.87*KB

Veldhoven builds a knight in 3, Valkenswaard a Hoplite in one.

The biggest worries are near the Bergeyk-region. It is attackable from 3 directions. Walls are there and luckily the first hoplite there promoted to elite, netting me a very sturdy defence.
This in turn also meant a GA! Strange thing is that Beam ery likely went into one as well, as I am still first in productivity but went second in MFG.
Future: I am praying for a decnt wonder in Eindhoven. I will accept any. I want to wipe Abe of the face of the planet, but priority lies with astronomy. I need to find the other continent.

To conclude this short update, the minimap.

5.11KB