View Single Post
Old 19-10-2004, 19:37   #2
Kingreno

The game progresses fast!

Beam took a steady but heavy lead in the early years of the game. If he got even slightly the kind of start I had he'll use his agri-trait to the fullest! And I have no doubt Kemal made fair starts. This meant he was already leading by 40 points after 30 turns and rising ever since. However, The Mighty Greeks did well, expanding rapidly and building granies! Yet the most important thing is we achieved our goal and got to Philosophy First!
We picked Code of Laws as a free tech and now, the Republic is only 42 turns away! Better news is that these newly acquired techs netted us tech parity with our neighbours.
Our Neighbours are the Americans, the Byzantines and the Chinese. After trading I got a LOT of techs:

73.22*KB

I am up Philo on everyone and up Math on Byzantines and Chinese. Also, I am the only one with some cash in the Bank!

The lands:

108.09*KB

Waalre will send out some Curraghs, while Valkenswaard and Eindhoven will build settlers and workers. Veldhoven is also a 2-turn-workerfac, but vulnerable to dissease. The rest is on Rax, I need some form of defence soon. Theodora is already being a bitch.
The Minimap:

2.27*KB

With additional roads and new cities the Republic is due in aprox 30 turns. Our goal is to reach that form of government without being attacked by my rather touchy neighbours.