View Single Post
Old 15-01-2004, 22:30   #58
Skyfish

Thanks Paal !
Well... tight build......how should I put it ...
I know ! Ask anarres he is the expert and I learned it from him

Seriously its an efficiency issue in the early ages, citiies can share tiles for optimum micro-management
But mainly because of RCP : I had to build 2 perfect rings around my capital so I calculated the best 2 distances
possible to fit in the peninsula. In a way, the more cities you have in your 2 rings the more productive your RCP is .
Because it s continent game I was counting on this game going to Industrial Ages so I chose a build
that was not so extreme as in my anarres game for example. Distance 4 and 8, its close but still you
can get first ring cites to size 12.
Anyway, I like it tight (oops sorry OT... )
It might not be the best solution but that's the only one I could make with the very scant map knowedge I had...
As you can see with Kemal he used his scout very efficiently to get the map of all his surroundings and
then think of this amazing plan of a palace jump with an FP built all before 1000BC
I still cant believe how scary this is...

Anyway I am scared at how tight his build his, for me its a sign he wants to end this fast because
his 1st ring cites will have problems as soon as they are size 8 or 9. So its clear he will try to invade me with Zerks.
He cant let me get to Sipahis, I know whats comin my way, its a real race ...
and you might know he is the fastest racer in the world so...say a prayer for me, its gonna be a carnage