View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 20:36   #14
killercane
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Ok here's one for you....

I live in Virginia and have recently had an urge to get a revolver and start target-practicing. I'll be traveling to South Carolina (obviously through N. Carolina) and would like to take my handgun to my parents house so I could shoot it with my dad. We'll be driving in a minivan with no separate trunk to keep the gun locked in. What's the best way to transport said firearm? fwiw, I won't have a conceal permit although they are very easy to get in Virginia... Other pertainent things I know, Virginia has an open-carry law without a permit, NC has one with a permit required and SC bans open carry.

on a side note: the urge mentioned above is scaring me a bit. It's not the kind of urge like "Oo oo, let's get a go-kart and build a race track!!". It's more like the urge that I HAVE to do this for whatever reason. I don't watch many violent TV shows and don't play shoot'em games. I haven't shot a gun since I was a teenager. The only reason that I could think of why I would need to do this is that I would need to defend myself/my family. We live in a great neighborhood with no illicit activities going on. It's more like an old-people neighborhood. Other urges that have felt similar to this have had a reason behind it and I've had at least 2 in the past. I'm not a psycho just a little weird.
Get a lockbox of some sort with a locked lock . Unless you are arrested, there should be no reason to search your vehicle; if you are arrested, they can search your vehicle incident to the arrest. Never give consent to search; it is your right to refuse.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote