View Single Post
Old 25-06-2005, 03:12   #19
Rik Meleet

quote: actually, I'm kind of pissed about this. Why are all 5 of ours eliminated but all other 7 teams have a civ from thier list? can't he find a fucking way to give us at least one civ from our list and give someone else a different selection from thiers? And I know we sent our list very early (2nd or 3rd), so how the hell did the others select before us -

The selection method (as described by Markstar in the thread) used was:
1 - Compare the 1st slot. All civs that are unique (chosen by only 1 team in that slot) are chosen.
2 - If a team has been assigned a civ; the team's choices for later slots are ignored.
3 - Double civ-choices in any slot are automatically removed from the game - eliminated.
4 - Compare the 2nd slot. All civs that aren't eliminated and are unique (chosen by only 1 team in that slot) are chosen. rince and repeat for all 5 slots.

Meaning in your case: your slot 1 civ was doubled. Your slot 2 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1. Your slot 3 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1 or 2. Your slot 4 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1,2 or 3. Your slot 5 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1,2,3 or 4.

The other 7 teams had chosen a civ in a slot that was both unique and not chosen in an earlier slot by a different team. The civ selection has nothing to do with the order in which the PM's were received. The play-order in the game will be.

I will post a clarification in the main thread on how the civs were assigned to the teams after all 8 teams have a civ assigned. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the selection method was known upfront in this post: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...REPLY_ID=52828