View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:10   #23
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I'm convinced now! Depending on the prices of players at the end of the season I will choose what age my trainees will be. Right now 28 YO's are affordable for me considering the team strategy.
I changed my mind.

In normal circumstances I would go for winger, but I am very afraid that prices will drop in the coming seasons (due to a flood of super-multiskilled players). It seems to me that a lot of people will lose money while training, unless you start with very young players.

Added to that the salary increases would be gigantic should I switch to winger training. I think this would be about 150K per week.

In short: I don't think I can afford winger training without abandoning the league and cup goals (meaning: I wouldn't choose 17 yo trainees).

Instead I will go for keeper training with 1 keeper and 1 defender on the training spot (thanks for the tip ynnek!). I will keep the rest of my team, replacing some weaker individuals with stronger oldies (> 29 yo).

I think that this way I will be able to compete in IV and get far (beyond round 5) in the cup.

The money I make will be from weekly profit (a positive balance between crowd income and player salary/player replacement).
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote