View Single Post
Old 16-04-2015, 20:59   #11
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Alright then, I hope you enjoy it. But the funny thing is, over here in Finland I get sort of the same response when I say I like Nightwish as people in the Netherlands get when they say they like Hazes. I guess they standards in Finland are a bit higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Would you also recommend the documentary to people who do not like Hazes as a musician, but just for the documentary on itself?

I'm not a Hazes fan. I think Hazes' music is great when you're out in a bar. Don't play it at home, don't own any CD's. Point is the documentary is great because it's brilliantly done. It gives you a great insight in his life.

It's the same with 'Anvil! The story of Anvil'. It's a documentary about Anvil!, a band that enjoyed a short period of succes in the 80's. They headlined festivals with bands that became extremely succesfull but Anvil never reached that success. The documentary portraits the 2 founding members in 2007. They've tried to make Anvil a success ever since the 80's and failed every time, 30 years later they still havent given up.

I think everybody should watch the Anvil documentary, because it is a great documentary about handling failure which 'accidentally' is portrayed by a metal band. It's painfull to watch these 50+ years old guys clinging to a dream that will never be, squandering their time and money on it. You'll be staring at your screen wondering why on earth they haven't moved on with their lifes.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote