View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 22:43   #15
Socrates
Emperor

Thanks Beam for answering in details. Unfortunately, a few points still aren't clear.

- OK, if w're at war again and HE declares, I get some war happiness. But what about him ? Does he get his war happiness from now back ? Stapel assumes so... and that's the whole point of his aggression.

- I know that citizens who rioted against war will remember they were at war for some time, and that this decreases through time, but do citizens also progressively forget that they were at war and that it was good (war happiness) ? Same formula ?

- Thanks Ginger_Ale. In fact I read the article in the war academy that tells about the same as that thread. But I find it difficult to understand, it's not very clear IMHO. And it seems that in PBEMs, human-human wars are different from the rest regarding this issue. I have my experience with my PBEM vs Skyfish : I was in Republic (he was in Monarchy, ready to roll over me), and I lost a lot of units on my soil, got many cities razed... I never suffered any war weariness until Sky captured my last city. I WONDER WHY ?

- Nice trick ? I beg to disagree, but it's my opinion. You might think that I rant against something that is happening against me. That is true in fact, but not true in concept. For a start, I've already thought of sending units to my opponent in the early game, and maybe I'll do it, or more often. But it never occurred to me that you could blackmail someone and get war happiness for a great part of the game. I'm not against the concept of blackmailing with military units, nor against the concept of enjoying a compensation for being declared (Stapel getting war happiness because I declared. I'm against the fact that this war happiness is insanely huge for the cost (one horseman lost ?), and that's exactly what Stapel was after. IMHO this is once again a flaw in the gameplay, and also in historical accuracy (if the obscure points I mentionned are in favour of Stapel here).

Sorry for the long post, I know many dislike it, but hey, if I can't shorten it...