View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 19:05   #12
Socrates
Emperor

Might as well bump an old thread of mine...

You'll see the reasons in my spoiler (to be updated later), but in my game versus Stapel, I declared war on him in the early game. I have questions about it.

1- I guess Stapel is now enjoying war happiness (1 happy citizen for 4 citizens), is that right ?

2- If we stay at war for some time and no great battles are fought (meaning : not many war weariness points are added to anyone), will he lose some war happiness points through time ? I assume no, since I was on the other side versus Beam for the entire game, and kept my happiness for a very long time.

3- Of course in Despotism you don't get war weariness, but you can still increase it in points. If I revolt to Republic someday, do I get instant war weariness if enough points have been gained ?

4- If Stapel and I sign peace soon, I suppose that his war happiness stops ?

5- If we then go to war again, will he always get back his war happiness again ? Even if he declares war this time ? Even if it's 5000 years later ?

6- In the previous case, will I get war happiness too ?

7- Finally, what do you think of the trick consisting in having your opponent declare war on you, just to get some war happiness ? By "having your opponent declare war on you", I mean "blackmailing him with military units, so that he's close to having no choice at all but anticipating an attack from you" (he can't know what you're gonna do). Please don't take this last question as me ranting at anyone, I just want opinions. I suppose the program can't deal with it, so it's a matter of human behaviour. I had no choice because Stapel could have struck some targets before I had the chance to acknowledge his attack (ie. entering enemy territory and inflict damage in one turn).