View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 16:17   #11
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

BTW I've always had a problem with walls disappearing above size 7, this, it makes no sense at all...
Makes perfect sense to me, look inside any major city and you will find either the remains of the old city wall (which offers no protection, its IN the city) or pubs called the City Wall which would have been where the walls were when the town was smaller...

Melifluous
Don't agree. Well, yes, Paris is a good example of a major city where you can find older, smaller walls near the center. But until the 19th century, walls have always been rebuilt at the new limits. Cities of size 7-12 can be reached in the Ancient Age (like historical Rome, I believe)... And even now we have new walls in way of the "Périphérique" (kind of a motorway around the capital) !!! I think that walls in little towns should be free to upkeep and have a little bonus, whereas walls in medium cities should be charged 1 gpt and have a better bonus.

Metros should forget walls anyway, as historically it doesn't make sense (agree with Meli), and in the game, once you have metros (Sanitation), you already know Metallurgy which cancels the effects of the GW, the only exception being the new feature for the Theater (size 20 available before Metallurgy, well just make a requirement to know Metallurgy before completing the Theater, and you're off, baby).

Alright about WW, nuff said !!! Well, yes, I know a link that explains that pretty well (CFC academy, I think). Just being in Anarchy doesn't help, uh ? Like if I come back to Republic after 5 turns, my WW points stay the same (or worse ?) ?