View Single Post
Old 20-02-2010, 05:35   #8
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'll bet on rush job with memory leaks and poor programming. By the time of the second expansion, they'll fix it though eventually so it is playable.

The main advantage of Civ4 is that it is quite an enjoyable game in multiplayer on certain settings. I was unable to grasp the fascination of single player games despite my best efforts of playing a few GOTMs and tourneys at CFR. However, there are a few absolutely outstanding mods which are quite playable and of particular note is FfH even though Kael still cannot stop and continues to release more and more patches. Which screws it up for me unfortunately.

Civ3 for me had the most enjoyable single player experience. Hopefully, Civ5 can be playable. However, at this accelerating edge of internet and various facebooks/twitters/skypes and similar stuff, multiplayer games certainly dominate and these features would be mostly likely emphasized. So, I just hope they will keep PitBoss-type games and/or PBEM there since otherwise, regular multiplayer is too time-consuming for me.