Thread: Rise of Rome
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2004, 12:22   #3
Arghis

i've managed to build in my capital the Colossus and the Heroic Epic; Thebes has specialized in galleys production; A forbiddend Palace is under construction in Maronea (to maximize heart of country production and for futute development in this area)

I've build the Mauseleum in Sparta, which makes this town rather interesting for future develoment (it's always we love the king there :-) )

i've secured Silks at Pharsalos, will build next turn a town on scythian borders for taking furs, i have gems in Miletus and i'm building harbor / road in Mycenae for dyes. I expect later to catch Incense In Egypt.

I'll soon finish researching Construction.

On the Persian front, thins are rather tricky ... The recent battle around Melitene cost me a lot : 4 catapults, 2 heavy cav; 2 elite hoplites and one vet hoplites. I was expecting having losses, but not being eradicated. i'm not sure to understand why the result was so harsh. Hills should have helped my defense ...
Persia attack me with his army, and some other immortals. Well, i can't win every time.

For those last thirty turns, i've already made him what i consider being serious damages, the last one being the sack of Beirut, a nice 5 pop town with good barracks and marketplace. This one hasn't cost me a lot (2 or 3 vet hoplites - i've killed him at least 2 heavy cav and a worker) as i was able to load my troops on boat to flee (Persia was sending at least 9 immortals).
i hope that i have also caused him some trouble with his dyes ressources (potential trade agreement), even if i know that he'll soon build a new town here (anyway, if he uses his settlers here, that suits me ...)

i'm preparing another suprise for Persia but i won't tell you for now as it's not before something like 10 turns.

218.75KB