View Single Post
Old 29-07-2019, 21:12   #24
Matrix
Administrator

Killer and I have been eating socralynnek. He was hoping to continue SimCitying a little longer, but alas, such is the game. He's now on holiday and left his empire to the AI.

Welcome back, socralynnek! I hope you had a good time, wherever you went, and weren't all like ...

Anyway, I just got engineering, which was quite a leap, but I really want it, because I have stone and want to have the Nostre Dame, and faster roads, and trebuchets, and castles, and, and...Landsknechte!

The only problem is, I'm running out of enemies. Killer and I have joined forces and eliminated two players together. We agreed to have the conquered cities mixed around, because I don't want to give up Beca. But now there is the Québécois danger. He is so ridiculously far ahead in development, that I'm not even sure if the rest of the world would even have a chance of defeating him, if we'd join forces. We need to contact the others. Beorn has probably met all of them already. From Sami I learnt that he even has astronomy already, while I don't even have compass yet.

Anyway, here are the essential screenshots. I built some Rathäuser already. Now I'm building castles, as you can see, with +225% production (25% from forge, 100% from stone, 100% from protective trait).

My capital

I'll make an attempt at the hanging gardens, but to be honest I'm surprised nobody's built it yet.

Tech order after monotheism: monarchy, feudalism, civil service. Hopefully I'll have a great leader I can use for a golden age and get monarchy, bureaucracy, selfdom and organised religion without anarchy. Oh, I can check that, and should! Because I have the mausoleum of Maussollos. But I also want a great prophet to have the church of nativity. There is only one religion on this continent, and I have its holy city, but only just now did I start building up points for a great prophet (in Beca).

Anyway, Beorn already made landfall. He was unlucky to forget city razing is off, so he ended up a bit awkwardly with three little high-maintenance cities.

My plan, apart from developing as quickly as possible to keep up with Beorn while maintaining the peace with Lt. 'Killer' M. , is to meet all other players: Jeke, Sami, and ProPain/KingReno, and suggest that we complete boycot Quebec. No exchange of resources and no open borders. That would be quite a trick.