View Single Post
Old 17-11-2003, 10:28   #4
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

and here's a screenshot from the current situation.

84.13*KB

It seems I'm on an island with the greeks and mongols. The mongols are quite weak and a small bit of land that's easily defendable seperates me from them. The greeks present a whole different story. They popped a hut next to wheated flood plains (arrow no 1) and got a settler or town. bye, bye primary 2nd city site. Their capital is also quite well of in the food department so they spread like the bubonic plague Even taking another prime spot in my first ring (arrow no2). Luckily they didn't settle on the spot that I wanted and so I managed to settle on my preferred spot, whip a temple and squeeze a cow from their first 9 tiles.

After settling on the incense, I'm gonna prepare for war. All my cities have barracks and iron is next to ProPainitlan The hill where the worker is on in the pic). The good thing about being the aztecs is that I can keep building cheap JW for upgrade even after connecting the iron as long as I dont get a GA. I plan to take the arrowed towns and then go for peace, my guess is the greeks are too strong to take out in one strike.

After hurting them I plan to build up and deliver the final blow. One good thing is I can easily attack the Greeks from my own territory at arrow no2.

One disturbing fact is that I don't see any horses on my island I hope there will be some in the fog somewhere. Although it isn't that bad now, I'd rather fight those wretched hoplites woth swords than horsies and the upgrade scheme only works with JW/swords anyway.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote