View Single Post
Old 18-08-2019, 19:42   #59
Beorn
Disabled Vet

1250 AD

Things changed all over. Subtly.

Killer has been skipping turns, spending income on espionage and building an obsolete navy. My spies have spotted 2 stacks of his old troops, split up and soon to be severely obsolete. If you ask me, I think he realized he needed the whole continent to win but that a war with Pope Matrix would at once be too uncertain, too costly and open him up to conquest. Now he hopes to build enough triremes to cover his galleys ... I guess.

Chemistry is in so he'll be met with frigates. That's that.

TRADE NOTHING!!!!!!

Matrix has cut all business ties just in time for apothecaries to shore up my health counts. I'll aqueduct my biggest culprit and have enough domestic resources to keep everyone fed and gay.

I thought he was in a golden age before, boy was I wrong. He just had a big boom of conquest + Hanging Gardens free pop. This is the real deal:

His production in particular took a stunning turn upwards. Now in an actual GA, his economy rivals my own and his civics finally make sense.

Long-term, all of my cities but 2 are hard-capped to 7-9 pop, and already saturated. Not to mention the slew of 3-4 pop fishing wharfs. His empire has a number of grasslands and rivers that will overgrow me in time - and the next 12 turns to do so with aplomb. He's almost caught up in score, too. I mean, sure, I'm way ahead in tech. That over-inflates my score and kept my expansions alive with fewer, hi-tech units. WERE I NOT ahead in tech, his "builder" score would outstrip mine in a heartbeat. And it will if given half a chance. So I'll have to attack with cannons ASAP.

Hence: I need new lands.

If he had bothered to read the message or play his last few turns, he'd be upset. Nor can he see what I have in store ...

With 3-4 boatloads (mainly trebs) yet to come ahead of D-Day.

After that, it'll be a direct ferry line towards the mining colonies flanking Matrix. No doubt he'll take advantage of the GA to build up trebs of his own. Hopefully, I'll have enough muskets up there by the time he comes to plant his flag.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 19-08-2019 at 05:35.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote