Thread: Cavern News
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 21:59   #49
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Doc cleared me for part-time work at 75% load, which means 2 classes of pre-med linear algebra It most likely will eat up most of my time and energy but I welcome the challenge

Last week I went for a hike (7.6k, 750m D+) with a philosophy prof and had a long, profound discussion about nature, beauty, common good and what we leave behind. I didn't get winded, confused or tired, it was just generally taxing on the central nervous system. Near the summit, my knees started giving out — his were hurting as well so we just slowed down on the way back and everything went A-Ok. Morale of the story: I'm good to go with anything I used to do, within reason.

I also realized how grateful I was for the throwback civ game. This winter, many times over, the highlight of a cold, inactive, uneventful and rote day was the planning of, playing and tinkering with my pitboss turn.

Thanks, Pope Maarten of the Stralish.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 13-08-2019 at 03:49.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote