View Single Post
Old 17-04-2019, 23:17   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

1540 AD on Emperor

After an aborted, bashful go with rifles on easy, I realized there wouldn't be enough SoD's to just sit and wait for XP to float in. My plan was to go out, heckle neighbors but leave their city defense stacks alive by 1 unit. That way they reinforce, I get to attack again, etc.

Oracled machinery, rushed 2 raiding parties of 3 ChuKoNus at the neighbors to attack anything I could get a grip on. Gave them reinforcements ASAP with a few Chu's and tons of trebs. On to steel for cannons and the rest is history.

Initial 3 were promoted 1 drill, 1 healer (march asap), 1 strength (march asap). I almost made those initial stacks 2 Chus, 1 spear and 1 axe, but was afraid they'd steal from the lead Chu XP on defense. The AI seldom attacked my stacks early on and I only lost Chu's to very large stacks and/or elephants. The high-XP french raiders got wiped that way. The lead Chu in Ethiopia made it by the skin of its teeth once: there were 3 AIs' stacks right before cannons got in, I cornered them in the mountains and they lashed out trying to escape.

Now, I cheated. Sorry. There was a reload early on where one of my protective, lvl 3 archers got killed in a forest by a barb warrior. That was just bullshit. He's the loser that died from french elephants, which is serendipitous. Still, doesn't deserve to go on the leaderboard.

If I do it again, I'll send a spy or 2 ASAP to meet and taunt all 7 AIs in the hopes they'll come knocking. Other than that, the Chu did surprisingly great.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 17-04-2019 at 23:26.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote