View Single Post
Old 15-02-2004, 16:15   #15
Kingreno

We have passed the one-hundred-turns-mark!

That by itself is great and due to our ever-present Aztec Intelligence centre we have knowledge that sky is nearly a republic. Something very very good. For him, and perhaps when we meet and talk about things, it is probably ok for me too. I will never be a republic and therefor have not pursued it from the very beginnings of the game. I have problems with keeping the crowd happy in despotism with the one lux, let alone the huge trouble (a war in) Republic would give me. So, the goal is now Feudalism. Whcih is still a damned bit too far now.

But heads up troops. First, the area:

107.75*KB

As can be seen, the randstad is full, very very full. But not so full that a few more cities won't fit. []
Also, the vast majority of cities is to full military production now. I will soon reach the unit limit and that will mean decisiontime, to get an idea of how things look, the F3-screen.

43.45*KB

well, enough workers! 34, it is off the screen. That kind'a helped getting up in MFG and is the ONLY reason I continue this game. But these workers will soon be left without any relevant business to conduct and some will be joined to cities, depending on other factors.
For the rest, horses, spears and cata's now. I still need to decide upon the time of attack. The good thing is that Hiawattha recently opened an embassy in Tenochtitlan so I now know: He is at war with the French! Good: Troops on other side of me, Bad: Build troops cheap and many. Good: Golden age for sure!
Also, it allowed me a look at his capitol from a distance and, in the Fog:

14.8*KB

NOT GOOD!
First, it is just as productive as my lands and horses on his *** doorstep. Goodluck Jaguar-pillaging party