View Single Post
Old 16-04-2005, 14:36   #25
Kingreno

And so the deal was made!

Beam and I agreed on no nukes in this game. We also agreed on no UN vic allowed but that will mean we must also prevent the AI from building it. Oh well, we'll see.

What happened?

All of a sudden Iro's and America entered the MA! Abe got Flight and a turn later Iro's got Electronics! They swapped and I found myself lacking 2 techs. With only two turns from Electronics myself I bought Flight from the Iro for an easy 250 gpt and Gems, which I traded against Incan Electronics. The Dutch are in the MA!!! A turn later Beam made his move, as expected, investing heavily in gpt deals to buy AT, Elec and Flight to get his free tech, Computers, and get all the gpt back, leaving me trailing! Of course this new "secret" was obtained by the Dutch as well:

105.42KB

This did cost me a sluggish 3400 gold but selling this tech to Incans, Americans and Mongols got me 270 gpt in return making this a rather healthy robbery.
On the domestic front all builds were changed to Research Labs and those that were not complete within 2 turns were bought. Rocketry now in 7 turns, I hope to nail it as the Iro can master a massive 700 gpt I would like to see comming my way. Minister Zalm was not very pleased by all this AIVD (Dutch CIA/MI5...or they think) spending and the vault now has a mere 7000 gold left.

To make sure we all start this age on an equal basis, we're ALL on tech parity now:

58.76KB

Only one war and it is a small one. Egypt is large and my neighbour and also the first target of my forces, it will take a while though till we can attack her...

On the domestic statistics front:

18.97KB

This looks good. Former Rome is still growing, so I expect to remain 1st in MFG for some time to come now. Of course other stats seem to be rather nice as well.